About Me

My photo
Computer Geek: Grandpa: Loves to cook: Dart thrower

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back to Work after almost 8 months off

Wow. It has been a while since I had to troubleshoot, but it came all back to me. 


Here's the bottom line. Their IT/Network support used to be HBGeeks and there was an issue where the company is in dire straights now so no support or documentation. I get to figure out what is going on and make it better.


It is a SBS2003 as the controller for their dot local domain. A Netgear NAS is on the network with one share called backup. Three folders for servers, virtual, and workstations with folders underneath.


Windows backup is backing up the data and the information store (exchange) to this NAS, overwriting the older backup.


I ran into a bug in installing the check-point client onto a Win7 64 new pc. Awaiting feedback from the important client to help me continue.


Router WAN IP config is not correct in my eyes. I need to see what they ordered as a lot of "funny" port forwarding is going on.


I think I will like it here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment