About Me

My photo
Computer Geek: Grandpa: Loves to cook: Dart thrower

Saturday, June 11, 2011

What I have been up to.

Since April I ave been unemployed so not much has been going on. I did 2 interviews for Soft-Train Inc. and did not get the instructor job. My resume is still there for a consultant position.


To keep me and the wife fed and housed, I have been doing a lot of work for Western Bagel Baking Corporation, doing remote access Symantec Suite admin, pc troubleshooting over the phone with the client at the keyboard. 


That was fun, none of the drivers came up when he P&P'd (Poisoned & Plowed) he computer. I remoted into his fileserver and then put them in a location where he could grab them with a thumb drive, sneaker-net. This is after I had him open up and look on the MB to get me the manuf and model#. Fun stuff.


I just recently swapped the corporate SonicWall with a newer model and made sure all 8 VPN's to their different retail outlets were active. I had him plug in the new SonicWall right out of the box. I added a second IP on the server to 192.168.168.2 then opened a browser to 192.168.168.168. Once in I was able to set the IP to one on their Van Nuys subnet and get it all set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment